Location: Elmsford, New York
Reports To: Director of Product Management
Mission: Our mission is to create loyal Two’s fans forever. Delivering, as promised, a breadth of distinctive products with our signature style and exceptional value that inspires and nurtures the success of our customers.
Purpose: To develop and deliver the right product, at the right time while creating value for our customers, increasing sales, and maintaining the company’s competitive advantage.
Scope: Successfully take product from concept to commercialization.
- Work closely with Product Manager and support all aspects of the product development process from concept/design through production and delivery, including product development, sourcing, sampling, costing, regulatory compliance, ordering, quality, packaging, marketing, and delivery.
- Adhere to the timelines, workflow, and milestone dates for product development to ensure deadlines are met and launch dates are on time. Proactively manage and alert the Product Manager to any potential challenges. Collaborate with Product Manager and cross-functional teams on finding effective solutions.
- Manage, enter, and update development and product information in the company system to maintain consistency, accuracy, and integrity of the data. This includes the product, packing, and compliance specifications.
- Manage and track development, pre-production, catalog, and marketing samples. Review all samples with Product Manager. Ensure all internal approvals are granted prior to communicating product approvals with vendors. Receive and tag approval samples.
- Correspond daily with overseas partners and vendors to follow up on developments and sample status, as well as outstanding questions to meet marketing calendar and introduction timelines. Communicate professionally and effectively to establish and maintain strong business relationships.
- Place initial orders and sample orders for new items in accordance with target delivery dates. Follow up with vendors and ensure all required documentation and files are received fully and in a timely manner.
- Inspect all initial shipments in collaboration with the Product Manager, Quality Assurance, and Inventory Management to ensure merchandise matches with approval sample(s) and meets quality standards.
- Prepare products for the catalog photo shoot and marketing videos. Provide updates and product information to the creative team as needed.
- Act as an information resource about products for internal departments.
- Assist the team and management with projects and tasks, as needed
- Participate in sales meetings, trade shows, and team activities
The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in product development or sourcing. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Works under general supervision
- Analytical, detail-oriented, self-starter with a passion to learn
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced working in Excel, knowledge of NetSuite, Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, and FileMaker systems a plus
Benefits of working here?
We offer a competitive compensation package and the atmosphere is vibrant, engaging, productive and fun!
About the Company
Two’s Company is dedicated to innovation and trendsetting in the giftware industry and prides itself in providing the Global Market with high style fashion, gift and home products at moderate prices. Two’s has evolved over the years into a powerhouse brand in multiple categories and a dynamic sales organization that serves as advocates for our retail partners. Today, Two’s Company has four divisions: the signature Two’s Company Gift and Home décor line, the couture Tozai Home collection of decorative accessories, the whimsical Cupcakes & Cartwheels, and 2 Chic a fashion accessories line.
Excited about the opportunity to join our team? Recognize any or all of these attributes in you? Send your cover letter and resume to Vanessa Ramos vramos@Twoscompany.com